Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Morning

Morning, as in the sun, has not yet broken through the fog here in Kentucky. I guess I need to tell you a little about 'me' today. So here is a little since I'm waiting for my seven year old grandson to arrive to stay the day and night and my free time is limited this morning. We say he and our year old Boston Terrier are a lot alike...neither have learned to play by themselves. So it is constantly "Play with me; let's play this; watch me while I do this".  I love to play with him, but playing basketball, soccer, baseball, and riding bikes for hours makes a Grandma need a rest. But I still love having him. He makes any day brighter and better.



Me...well, now you know I have a seven year old grandson with redhair, freckles, and an endless amount of energy and a year old black & white Boston terrier with the same amount of energy.  This 60ish writer has energy, blondish-gray hair and some energy...at least enough to get through the day.  There is another grandchild in the family, a beautiful red-haired 16 year old granddaughter who also has the energy of her brother.  But since she is a teenager now, she no longer needs Grandma for a playmate.  I enjoyed having teaparties, sick babydolls, and playing grocery store much more than playing basketball and racing on bicycles. Children and grandchildren keep you young. Well, not really that. Maybe it's more like they keep you moving and definitely smiling with some LOL going on too.

1 comment:

lLeeann said...

Sick baby dolls? That must have been at your house. She never played with baby dolls at home. In fact, I think she maybe only had 1.