Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Welcome to Lemon Thyme

    With the suggestions and prompts from my special friends Barb and Wendy, I am attempting to write my first blog - Lemon Thyme (Thanks Barb for the title You always have such great ideas). Some days Lemon Thyme may focus on fun and work in the kitchen and other days it may be all about my other passions of family,  sewing, scrapbooking, or just life. I've tried diaries and journals and did fine for a week or two, but then I would be back to recording my day in my little God-given computer - my brain. But life is wonderful, so here I go.
     Yesterday was a super busy day. A yearly doc visit and then home to  Zucchini and Green Beans, some of God's wonderful blessings.  First, I have to show you Our Favorite Summer Casserole - Zucchini Quiche.  As soon as it comes out of the oven, it begins to disappear.
In fact, it doesn't even last long enough to get refrigerated. 
     It is a good thing that zucchini multiplies so there is always a zucchini that can be made into our favorite zucchini dessert, Chocolate Zucchini Bread.  
 
A slice of this and a cup of coffee is a perfect treat whether it is summer or winter.
    How the early settlers must have enjoyed summer with all of the fresh garden bounty! I know having a meal of fresh green beans and corn make me happy. I canned seven jars yesterday, but there is more to do....makes me happy to have the abundance, but there are other things I'd like to do more than snap beans.  But won't they taste good in January when the wind blows and the snow is falling (as well as the thermometer)?


 

No comments: