Monday, October 10, 2011

I  am a "morning person" - at least I have been for 60+ years. I have always looked forward to the next morning and waking up and getting started with the plans for my day.   But this Fall, I have found a snag in this thinking.  I find I am not looking forward to mornings.....because I have started an exercise class that meets at 9:00.  It is not the time, but the word 'exercise'.  I really don't like to exercise. I need to get in shape physically, but I think mentally I need a little shaking up too.  After each session I'm like a little kid patting myself on the back for going to and completing the class. I've also been rewarding myself after each session with a cup of English Toffee/Toasted Hazelnut cappaucino and that does help the morale. Isn't that a wise decision for a person who is trying to get more physically fit?  After I get back home, I start on my list of things to do...which I never get finished.  I finally figured out why .... I put too many things on my "to do" list.  I supposed I should forget making a list since that frustrates and stresses me, but if I don't make a list I forget what I was going to do that day.  Which is okay in a way because then I indulge myself in one of my two latest addictions.

I never really understood how someone could become addicted to the computer...now I know.  I love reading blogs.  Wendy started me out with food blogs, but I quickly moved on to scrapbooking and crocheting blogs.  Now I have added Pinterest.com.  My day flies by while I'm reading and looking at all of the interesting things that people do.  I become so enthused about some of the projects that I can't wait to start them, but I never seem to find the time.  I wonder why? 

Some of my first creations.
My other latest addiction is crocheting. The Book Club trip to Charleston SC and Suzanne created that monster.  Suzanne and I walked over five miles in 100+ degree heat to find yarn and a crochet hook so I could learn to crochet on the way back to Kentucky.  Now if my hands aren't busy with another task, I am crocheting. So far it has only been 10 dishclothes. one baby carseat blanket, and about 20 baby hats, but I have other projects lined up to begin along with baskets of yarn to do it with.  With my weakness for pretty and touchy yarn, I would hate to see my garage and driveway if I had a fondness for pretty cars.

1 comment:

~~ said...

once again--you have written a great entry in your blog!! i also hate to exercise but you know what is even funnier?? that you pat yourself on the back for going and finishing~~LOL...i do the same thing!!??!! maybe you never outgrow that need for approval!!?? well--anyway~~glad to see your creations...they are beautiful. oh--your reward for exercising sounds mmmmmm good!!!