Monday, August 8, 2011

A Friday Evening in August

We had a song fest at our church Friday evening. It was a great evening of music, friends, and food. As I sat in the church yard listening, I glanced up at the sky. Seeing the steeple with the sky and clouds behind, I could sense God's power. I guess this is an opportunity to say a little more about myself. My husband and I attend the Methodist Church in our little town.  The church family is a lot like our church family in Gallia County Ohio; I guess that is why we chose this church. I do whatever the Lord calls me to do. Sometimes I wish it was less for He keeps me very busy. I have the elementary age Sunday School class, play the Clavinova for Worship, help with the children's youth group and with the church tutoring program. I have always felt if he has given me the skills and talent to do His work, then I should cooperate and do the best I can.

We are native Buckeyes and moved to Kentucky six years ago since our two daughters are in this area.  We are still Buckeyes and have commented that the only things we do in KY is sleep and go to church. Everything else we head across the bridge which is about 5 miles from our house over into Ohio.

That is it for today. There are boo-koo tomatoes on the kitchen counter waiting to be frozen and I can hear them calling my name.

No comments: