Saturday, August 6, 2011

Something New I Tried

I love to read, but as I have gotten older I find it is difficult to sit down and spend the afternoon reading. Years ago (before children and grandchildren arrived and life became so hectic) I could spend the day reading a novel. Now my "day" of reading may be an hour sitting and sipping coffee and reading through/looking at a new magazine.  Southern Living is one of my favorite magazines to browse and enjoy the pictures. Not often do I ever bake or cook what is on their pages.  But this week a friend (Virginia) had a lovely salad luncheon and she began the meal with a recipe from Southern Living... Chilled Blueberry Soup.  Not only was it tasty, but it was served so attractively.  To me it could have been a Chilled Blueberry Dessert  instead of soup.  The white in the center is a dollop of vanilla yogurt.

No comments: