Monday, August 22, 2011

Thought to Ponder


I saw this graphic on the blog thirtyhandmadedays.com and it really grabbed me and made me think.  I know as kids we are always comparing ourselves, our families, our clothes, our schoolwork, and even our coloring as first graders.  Even as adults, we are playing the comparison game.  Some comparison is good for it often makes us 'step-up', but how many times does it make us feel as if we (our lives, our creations) are not good enough. I know there have been crafty projects and quilts that I have done where I felt mine had to look exactly like the pattern. I agonized over every little difference only to find out that the pattern I was following was created with a mistake in it and here I was trying to make mine "perfect" just like the pattern. Different is okay and sometimes better.

No comments: